We’re here to help you stay safe and warm, at home this winter. Deliveries follow all Government guidelines. We won’t ask for a signature.
LOGS & KINDLING
Based in Great Addington, near Thrapston, in Northamptonshire, we offer…
- Air-dried mixed hardwood logs (minimum 90% hardwood, good proportion of ash).
- Sustainably sourced wood, from trees grown locally.
- Prepared by us, 20 – 25cm length (about 9″). Good size for most fuel burners.
- Guaranteed under 20% moisture content.
- Packed in 0.81 cu m ‘builder’s bags’, convenient nets of about 12 logs, or as loose trailer loads.
- Bags of kindling also available.
- Or buy as a package, bags of logs with kindling.
- Free delivery to you, up to 15 miles away, usually within four working days.
Convenient large ‘builder’s bags’.
Unlike most firewood merchants, we use a bigger 93 x 93 x 93cm bag (0.81 cu m) rather than the standard 85 x 85 x 85cm bags (0.61 cu m). They are over 30% larger. Also…
Loose trailer loads of logs, one or two cu metres.
Log nets (approx. 12 logs, min. 20 nets).
Large bags of kindling.
If there are access difficulties, make a note in the comment section when you order. We deliver bags using a trailer and crane. For very restricted access, nets are a good idea. See the full delivery notes below.
We aim to deliver orders within four working days, Monday – Friday. If there is any delay we will contact you. Logs are in bulk bags or nets, and craned onto your property.
- Delivery is free within a 15 miles radius of Great Addington. Postcode NN14 4BH.
- Delivery between 8.30am and 6.00pm. You can state preferences on the order form, and we will contact you to confirm a suitable time. We’ll be as flexible as we can.
- In the event of you agreeing to a delivery and not being at home during the agreed time period, we will leave the goods.
- Should we need to make more than one delivery to you to fulfil your order, we will discuss with you. No extra charges will be incurred by you.
- Delivery drivers are not required to manoeuvre the bag beyond the rear of the vehicle. But they will risk-assess each delivery and always be as helpful as possible.
- In the event of a delivery not being possible due to poor access then delivery will have to be ‘kerbside’ (i.e. left as near to the property as possible). If this is still not possible on the day, a re-delivery charge of £20 may be imposed.
- Any delivery issues must be reported immediately to wood4fires.
- Lead times may extend during busy periods, especially in December up to Christmas.
NETS OF LOGS
Our area includes these towns and villages. And if you’re just outside, do contact us, we may well be able to help…
- BURTON LATIMER
- EARLS BARTON
- HIGHAM FERRERS
- KNOTTING GREEN
- MILTON EARNEST
- ST. NEOTS
- UPPER BENEFIELD